The use of acids in cosmetology is constantly evolving. Their effect on the skin provides excellent opportunities to ensure and maintain the youth, health and beauty of the skin.
The amount of acids and their effects vary. The first things we know, such as AHA, BHA, PHA, have an exfoliating effect. They remove the top layer of dead skin cells in the skin, giving the body a signal for faster regeneration.
There are some rules to follow when using these acids:
– use in the evenings;
– it must be taken into account that it causes temporary irritation and peeling of the skin;
– Do not use in direct sunlight to avoid photosensitivity.
Not long ago, a new acid appeared on the cosmetics market that could take a leading position – tranexamic acid (TXA).
This acid has been known for a long time, but all this time it was used mainly in medicine. It therefore has a proven and safe effect. It is a synthetic substitute for the amino acid lysine.
Unlike “peeling acids”, tranexamic acid has no side effects. It is not aggressive. Tranexamic acid does not remove the skin layer, but blocks the enzyme “tyrosinase” – a malignant that triggers the process of melanin production and causes pigment spots.
So tranexamic acid:
- blocks the appearance of pigment spots;
- whitens pre-existing hyperpigmentation;
- reduces the visibility of the post;
- strengthens the protective function of the skin; fights rosacea, eczema and couperosis;
- makes the skin more resistant to UV rays. NB! But that doesn’t mean you can’t use SPF creams!
This acid is suitable for all skin types, but for the particularly sensitive it is better to perform the test first.
Usage: The product tranexamic acid can be used twice a day.
- niacinamide. The perfect compound to fight pigmentation! Here is Olival B3 serum with niacinamide and transic acid.
- vitamin C. Strengthens the whitening and smoothing effect of the skin: Olival vitamin C serum.
- hyaluronic acid. Enhances skin’s protective function, stimulates the maintenance of tone and moisture levels: Timeless hyaluronic acid serum with vitamin C
- retinoids, AHA and BHA acids. Reduces this irritant effect.
- SPF creams. Only for the benefit of your skin!
Tranexamic acid is just beginning to appear in cosmetics, its popularity is growing, but we can already offer some products.
Vitamin B3 serum with niacinamide and tranexamic acid Olival Professional.
24% acid peeling Destructor SkinTra.